Saturday, September 22, 2007

Current music: Estuera - Tales from the South
(No time for manga or anime right now heheh)

I didn't think I would be making a post right now. Especially when there are only 7 days left before the big exam...
No matter how calm or playful the form 3 students remain, I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of them are actually quite nervous...unless, of course, if they want to just get through it and enjoy the holidays <_<
Anyway, I sure hope that there wont be any annoying blackouts like earlier tonight (uhh...wait...since it's already past 12 it should be last night xD)
OK...7 subjects...7 days...that would make 1 subject a day...? Nahhh...I don't think so. I'm really bad at planning things so...whatever...

And here are a few things that I learned...the hard way...(don't mock me! I have the experience xD)
1. Sleep deprivation is bad...REALLY BAD. Your abilities will go down and you'll fall asleep in the middle of an exam <_< and if you're writing an essay you wont know what you're writing exactly.
2. Coffee is helpful - but only in the short run. It makes you stay awake and focus better (I guess) But in the long run, it reaaaalllllyyyy wears you out <_< fatigue...
3. If you're so tired and coffee doesn't seem to work, you're deprived of nutrients <_< yes...literally. Not to say malnutrition, but to put it simply you're hungry <_< (though I guess this seems to be the case for some people <_<)
4. Never turn on computers near exam time! They really keep you glued there for hours <_< (this is an exception xD xD xD) so unless your gung-ho enough to resist, STAY AWAY!
5. Too much coffee or sleep-resisting stuff = migraine. More coffee = worse migraine.
Add tea = Head explodes. In short, caffeine worsens migraines. Panadol doesn't really kill the pain...because it's a rather mild painkiller.
6. Remedy for migraines = sleep! That's right. A few hours of sleep work waaayyy better than taking pills and forcing yourself to work with a migraine. One you wake up, it's gone for good! (Until your next caffeine overdose, that is) HOWEVER, too much sleep is just as bad as too little...
7. The more you sleep, the more tired you feel. So don't be surprised if you keep yawning even after a 10+ hour sleep. SET MORE THAN 1 ALARM XD because if you only set one, you can just push the button and flop back to your bed. <_<
8. Computers/TVs/mobile phones/whatever electronics that gives out radiation = migraine + sore eyes + (like I said) temptation.....I know many can face the com or TV for hours and not feel tired but this is the case for me and a few million/billion(?) other people xP
9. Gaming is actually good xD BUT only for short periods. Other than gaming, I suppose anything that makes you feel relaxed works...but with control >_>
10. Cramming info into your head is absolutely bad...though it seems quite obvious >_> In my opinion, cramming is a last resort...to stuff in whatever you can during the last minutes. But for me it's another cause for a migraine xD. Besides, cramming 3 years worth of knowledge in 7 subjects within a few nights doesn't sound good at all. Weird thing though, many get good scores after an intense cramming session <_<

I've said/typed/whatever too much <_<" Geez...I'm wasting time hehehe. Oh well, I definitely won't be updating this until after exams...since I am 1. lazy 2. busy 3. have said all I wanted to say.
Last but not least, good luck to all form 3 students! (wait...I've said that already, right? ) Gahh...*slaps forehead*
OK then...Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home