Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Incoming, Eighteen!

Post Number 170... and at such a right time.

Here I am, sitting at my desk in front of my laptop, thinking of what to type...

I am thinking of all those years before... where I kept going off somewhere...

But now that I've finished secondary school... and SPM is over...
The long, long holidays somehow allow me to do some reflecting...

... and a whole lot of mental training.


Because there is a certain time... when you are done banging your head against the wall...

You start to think... and you start to change.

And the results show it all...

Now I feel much more peaceful and calmer...

When I get annoyed, it just suddenly disappears a few seconds later, even I was totally surprised.

When someone else has something better, I don't feel really jealous or envious anymore. Instead I am somewhat able to be genuinely happy for others.

I try to help others now, instead of being overly self-conscious... So now I sincerely apologize to all who have been annoyed by my selfishness in the past... Let's bury the hatchet :)

I feel the need to share my story to others... not because I want to brag in any way, but because I know there is someone out there, thinking that life sucks.

Let me tell you something:
That's the way it is because you think of it that way =)

If one would change his/her mindset...

Then life would be precious and memorable, every single day.

I know of friends who have been with me for a long, long time.
I know of friends who bear with my shortcomings.
I know of friends who sincerely pray for my well-being.

And I am truly grateful to have these friends... who will stay in my heart for eternity.

Now for my family...

I know there are times when we disagreed.
I know there are moments when we cried and hugged together.
I know all of you were always there for me.

Family is always family... I love you from the bottom of my heart.

Gosh, I am tearing up!

So now that I am turning 18, people say that once you take a step into adulthood, you are free to do anything you want.
Others would say that you are now free from the clutches of family control.

But what I say is: Nonsense!

To me, turning 18 is no different from turning 17, or 16, or any other year.
Life will always remain to me as something fulfilling to be cherished =)

What do you mean "clutches of family control"?
I am no different to my family, I am no different to my friends, I am no different to people.
I still love everyone, and I'd like to keep it that way.

The only difference here is that...

... I have taken steps to improve myself since after SPM...

... and this 18th Birthday of mine simply signifies that---

---You haven't seen anything yet!

Sweet Eighteen, baby!

And so, I click on the "Publish" button, and I share this to the world~!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home