Monday, February 8, 2010

Homer's Iliad

Sorry for (almost) neglecting this blog...

But really, I don't have the mood to blog at all...\
(I'm just not the blogging type of person)

Same goes to Facebook, MSN Chat, SMS, etc...

Anyway, since I have finally somehow pushed myself to post something...
...I shall post about Homer's Iliad!

Anybody who has studied SPM Sejarah (lol) should have at least come across the name... or it should at least seem SLIGHTLY familiar.

WARNING: IF YOU HATE HISTORY (OR HOMER LOL) THEN DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME READING THIS.

Homer, the alleged author of two of the most ancient pieces of literature in human history, Iliad and Odyssey, has somehow recorded the events in the story that apparently took place centuries before his time.

I've always been somewhat fascinated by ancient literature. (e.g. Works by Homer, Virgil, Shakespeare, etc...)

And after SPM exams, bored ol' Cynthia went around the storeroom, digging up 'relics'.
And I found a literature book - with Homer's Iliad in it!

Also, I bought another book while I was at Borders (bookstore in Australia).
Despite the exorbitant price (20 AUD = RM 60+++), I believed it was quite worth the hassle.

I bought.....Homer's Odyssey!!!

Just recently, I have finished reading the Iliad. And to be honest, it really exposed me to the cultures and beliefs of the ancient Greeks and Trojans.

Turns out things were quite different than I thought they were! I didn't know how wrong (and in some cases, right) I was about their culture!

Oh well, since Iliad was mostly about Achilles and Hector...
...and Odyssey will be (obviously) about Odysseus and Telemachus...

...I'm gonna start reading it soon!

Later~!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home