Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It's June!

Ahh~
Just got back home from Kota Kinabalu...
Enduring a harsh 6-hour car ride across the state is really rewarding once you get to sit down comfortably, knowing that you've persisted xD

Anyway, the trip to KK was alright... I got to see my family, I got to drink Starbucks (LOL), I got to buy some clothes and a pair of slippers...

Well, I've told the rest of my family in KK (no, wait... my parents told them, I just sat there silently xD) that I'm going to further my studies in Russia next year.

Oops! I forgot to mention in my blog before, didn't I?
Alright, I'll say it now. I got JPA scholarship to Russia...
That means, I'm going off to Shah Alam in July... and I'll be off to Russia next year~ (not sure what month yet, but I bet it's somewhere mid-year)

Okay, back to the topic.
I have to admit, I got many strange reactions... some were good, and some were just... weird.
Not only from my family, I mean...
From EVERYBODY. (Excluding my parents and my brother... they are really supportive and awesome... I'm so glad to have them T.T)

"Russia? Why would you go to Russia?!" (Why not?)
"Why did you choose Russia? Choose UK or Australia mah" (As if I had a choice)
"Yerr... not good oh... nanti kena #%*&^(#&%(Q@(" (What the heck?)

Give me a break, people =.=
Honestly, I've never (read: NEVER) thought in my life... that I would ever be studying there.
And another confession is that, I was at first less-than-impressed by the news.

Then I started to accept it, looking on the bright side.
And by now, I've almost fully accepted it.
Heck, every cloud has a silver lining. =)

I'll elaborate on my "Journey to Acceptance" in yet another post (because it's quite a long story)...
But the bottom line is:
I'm happy, despite the shortcomings that may come ahead.
And I'm gonna take it as a good challenge, a journey, an adventure...
...a SECRET MISSION! (Okay, not so secret anymore, but you get what I mean =D)

So wait for my long post~! When I get the time (and mood) to type it, I will ^.^

Now that I'm back in Sandakan, it's time to "enjoy" the hot, hot weather and lack-of-shopping malls and Starbucks while I still can =)
Sandakan will always and forever be my beloved hometown...

Later~!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home