Saturday, March 21, 2009

We All Need Love

Current condition: Normal
Current mood: ...

Unbelievable...(for me anyway), another post the day after one.

Anyway...I just felt like blogging about it, so here...

Today, I went to the hospital.
Not because I'm sick or anything <_<...i>

I know I can't expect patients to look really super duper well, but then...

I've never seen her in such condition before...
I remember ever so vividly when she used to yell at me and all that stuff...
But now...

We may not be the best and closest of the closest, but still...seeing a precious relative like this...

As I look around the somewhat gloomy area, some looked slightly more decent...some not so.

Then I thought to myself...

"If this is how Sandakan is like, then what about Gaza?"

And what hurts more is that some of the patients were all alone...barely anybody visiting them, even though it was visiting hours (believe me, I've been observing for the whole time until visiting hours ended)

Honestly, standing and looking around a place like that for three ++ full hours wasn't exactly the best experience, but I can only try to imagine how it's like lying on the hospital bed for days...and the people you meet start talking about your diseases and the effects it has on your body...

Come on...where did all the "You'll be okay...Don't worry" s go???

I have never experienced being admitted into the hospital before, but it doesn't take something like that for us to know that these patients need love, care and support...!

When visiting time was almost over, we decided to leave. I waved to my relative, and a mother taking care of the child with whom I've became fast friends with.
I looked at the other patients, and they looked back at me.
Somehow, I decided to wave at them, and surprisingly, a smile lit up on their faces and they waved back.

Man...the sight was so surprising, it was almost painful...
I do hope for them to get better and to get all the love they deserve...

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home