Sunday, June 8, 2008

Back to School - the Start of the 2nd Semester

Current condition: A nicer way to put it would be "suffering from the side-effects"
Current mood: Mixed up...

I look at the computer screen and blinked. I uploaded the articles and stuff for the school website (the ones that I have for now, that is). I managed to update everything before the internet connection went down again. Then a thought struck me.
Oh wait...I haven't updated the announcements. Sighing, I dismissed that thought, hoping that minor thing will be overlooked - at least until my connection comes back.

Looking at the big, red, rash developed on my left arm, I still have no idea how I got it.
It could be from the glaring sun in Lankayan,
or the salty sea water (although it's a beautiful shade of blue),
or maybe it's the side-effect of the sunblock I used?

Whatever it is, I'm sure as heck that I got it from Lankayan.
Well, well...a souvenir...

I then shifted my attention to the piece of paper lying on the table in front of me.
"LA2 - Quiz 7 Holiday Work (100%)" What else could it be none other than the ICT homework I I left out?
It's not that I didn't want to do it, but the stuff going on in my life gave me no other choice but to delay the work.
But I guess you can't delay work for too long. Nor procrastinate.

Stretching my fingers, I begin my homework.
I checked my report card to make sure it has been signed before bringing it back to school tomorrow.
Then a thought came to me.

Today is the last day of the first semester holidays.
In a little more than two hours, it will be the start of a new semester.

Looking back,
There isn't much to conclude,

There were ups and downs,
Certainly a bumpy ride,

But ahead more bumps await,
Probably even steeper and dangerous,

I'm not exactly thrilled at the idea of going back to school,
but at the same time I feel that it's time...

Thinking back, reminiscing,
Both trips to KK and Lankayan somehow left a kind of impact on me.
(Well, sure Lankayan taught me to conserve, but I mean something MORE than that)

Somehow, being in KK made me feel a bit melancholic.
Family being quite far, yet quite near.
Ties threatening to break, but the strength of love continues to bind them.

Being in Lankayan gave me a rather different yet similar feeling.
Thinking back on my trip in KK while riding the boat to the island,
Thinking back on my family and the awkwardly touching conversation with my parents before I left,
Desperately trying to loosen up while in Lankayan,
My friends definitely helped.
It's a bit strange, but learning about the situation of the marine life somehow reminded me of my condition. (NO, I'm not endangered or anything, but it just...rings a thought...)
Everything felt so familiar yet so foreign at the same time,
Everything was so delightful yet so depressing at the same time,

I felt like crying.

But no, I did not cry. No way am I mixing my tears with the salty sea water.

To be honest, the Reef Guardians, and my friends who travelled with me,
they all made me feel like we're all a family (and I'd certainly like to hang on to that belief)

I don't know what's ahead of me,
The past that had past,
The present that now affects me,
and the future that awaits,

Snapping out of my thoughts, I type in my blog the 76th post.
As soon as I finish this post, I shall continue with my ICT homework.

Rest well, and go to school tomorrow.
The start of a new semester.
I wonder what pleasant or painful things await?

Standing up,
I wipe away my tears,
I look at the marks,
From the many wonderful and painful events,

From the past,
That makes me who I am today,
I thank the wonderful people,
Who have brought me joy,

I pray for those who suffer,
To find their happiness,
I pray for those who hurt others,
To see the truth,
I pray for the naive ones,
To seek their answers,
I pray for the good and innocent,
To continue to spread goodwill,

I pray to myself,
That I will be strong,
To face what I will face,
To smile from day to day,

As I end this post, I smile inwardly.
"This is it!"

Have you ever thought about your life?

Would you not just pray for yourself, but for others?

If not, would you try?

*smiles*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home